I’m not above using a boxed cake mix every now and then and this recipe is an example. Lovely Lemon Pudding Cake is quick and easy and will make you feel like it is Spring is here even if it is snowing and grey outside (as it is outside my window.) I think this would be delicious with a cream cheese frosting with some peeps as decoration. Please send pictures if you are inspired!
- 1 box lemon cake mix, prepared as box directs with eggs, oil and water
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1/4 cup water
- powdered sugar for dusting
Lovely Lemon Pudding Cake: (serves a crowd)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mix according to box and pour batter into baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and water
- Whisk for 2 minutes until it begins to thicken and spoon pudding mixture over cake batter
- Bake for about 55 minutes to one hour until the cake layer is set
- Allow to cool and sprinkle powdered sugar on top
- Microwave before serving if you like it warm/gooey!