Foster’s Chicken Salad
I don’t typically like chicken salad but I’ve always been a fan of the version at Foster’s Market’s so I used this recipe from Sara Foster to make a simple summer dinner for some friends last weekend. It keeps well for several days, so you can make it ahead of time, adding the apples and grapes the day you serve it. I omitted the celery (Joe doesn’t like it) and added basil. I’m linking to the Foster’s recipe for Tarragon mayo but I used olive oil mayo instead and it turned out fine.
What to buy: (serves 8 to 10)
- 6 cups cooked chicken, diced (I poached the chicken but rotisserie or grilled would be great too)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, washed, drained, and cut in half
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups Tarragon Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
What to do:
- combine the chicken, celery, grapes, apple, mayonnaise, parsley and basil in a large bowl and stir to mix thoroughly
- season with salt and pepper.
- arrange on a platter or plates, I think it’s best served at room temperature