“I like toxins in my body,” said no one, ever.
Since I became a Beautycounter consultant, almost six months ago, I’ve asked many, many friends to start questioning what they’re putting on their bodies or on their kids. After all, it’s the only one you have and the only one you’ll ever have.
Turns out that many of you are open to trying something new and to questioning why the beauty industry has not been regulated since 1938 and the vast majority of the ingredients used in products in the US are banned in Europe (they ban 1400 ingredients… we ban 11.)
Thanks to all of you, your questions, and your drive to make healthier choices for your families, this has become a passion. I am passionate about the products, how effective they are, the peace of mind from using them and my desire to share them with you.
What are the products I can’t live without?
1. Tint Skin Foundation. Fair and even complexion with hyaluronic acid, a natural moisture magnet, promotes smoother-looking skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Clean Everyday Shampoo. Bye-bye itchy scalp and product build-up. Ingredients derived from coconut oil and amino acids, since conventional surfactants can irritate skin.
3. Routine Clean Cream Cleanser. Face wash, toner and makeup remover in that never makes your skin feel dry or tight. No sodium laurel sulfate, which can cause irritation and trigger allergies and is often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane – a cancer-causing chemical.
4. Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30. No greasy residue, no white marks, no chemical sun blockers like oxybenzone, which soaks through skin, triggers allergic skin reactions, and may be a hormone disruptor.
5. Style Sea Salt Spray. Volumizing, lightweight, and long-lasting Sea Salt Spray gives your hair touchable texture without drying it out. Here are two pictures from clients to show the results on short and long hair. Volumizing hair sprays often contain hormone-disrupting phthalates in their synthetic fragrances, as well as polyethylene glycols (PEGs), conditioning agents that may be contaminated with measurable amounts of the carcinogens ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane. Not here!
6. Uplifting Day Cream. Redness relief and smoother skin. No DMDM hydantoin, a preservative that works by releasing formaldehyde, a carcinogen that prevents the growth of microorganisms (present in approximately 20% of cosmetics and personal care products in the US.) No retinol or retinyl palmitate, two of the most common ingredients in anti-aging products. When vitamin A is exposed to UV light, it can produce free radicals that damage DNA, cause gene mutations and may play a part in causing cancer.
7. Lip Sheer in Petal or Twig. Smooth and long-lasting formula, ultra moisturizing. The average woman consumes 7 pounds of lipstick in a decade so I want to avoid synthetic fragrances, flavors or other ingredients!
Thanks for reading and please reach out if you’d like to try some samples! Follow along on Facebook here, purchase products directly from my site here (http://www.beautycounter.com/sallymccaffrey) If you’re interested in becoming a consultant yourself, e-mail me at email@example.com.