Instead of a recipe, today I want to share with you some information about how you can embrace a healthier lifestyle in 2016, by making a switch in the products you and your family use everyday.
Did you know that the European Union has banned or restricted over 1,300 chemical ingredients from skincare products and cosmetics because they’re potentially harmful?
Guess how many the United States has banned?
From Beautycounter founder Gregg Renfrew: “Like many of you, I’m a wife and mom—and like many of you, I didn’t know what I didn’t know. As I applied sunscreen, lotion, and any number of beauty products on myself and my kids, I never thought for a second they might not be safe: After all, I thought, we live in a country that regulates everything. So imagine my surprise when I learned that when it comes to the personal care industry, that’s simply not the case. Companies are allowed to use known toxins—ingredients that have been linked to cancer, reproductive issues, hormone disruption—without telling us.
As I learned more—1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women in the US will be diagnosed with cancer; that our children’s generation is the first that is sicker and may die younger than their parents’—I had to do something. So I started Beautycounter, a company devoted to progress. You’ll find a wealth of empowering information about ways we can all make the world healthier, along with products you can trust are safe. Because we all deserve better. Our vision is bold—real answers are never timid. Help us put truth back in beauty.”
Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients from their products. I think the company’s “Never List” is an invaluable tool to compare what is in your products and what is safe. If you want a searchable version you can find it hereI first heard about Beautycounter from my friend Margaret. I was looking for products that were safe to use during pregnancy, breastfeeding and on the sweet babies themselves. After learning about the mission behind the company and trying the products, I fell in love. I knew I wanted to be a Beautycounter Consultant and spread this message that beauty doesn’t have to come at the cost of your health. My favorite thing is that all the products are SAFE. Safe for pregnant women. Safe for breastfeeding women. Safe for kids.
Beautycounter offers skincare, body & haircare, a kids’ line and sun protection.
What are my favorite Beautycounter products? Here’s a few…
1. The Kidscounter Bath Collection: An effective, safe, and yummy-smelling way to get your kids squeaky clean. You can purchase the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash as a trio or a la carte.
2. Glow Sugar Scrub: This is the best body scrub I’ve tried thanks to a mix of pure essential oils and real sugar to give you that a nice, healthy glow.
3. The Sun Protection Collection Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a sunscreen/sun protection junkie. These lightweight formulas smell great and are packed with heavyweight protection. I use the Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 every morning on my face and it goes in super fast with zero greasy residue, perfect for putting makeup on top.
4. The Countertime Collection is my everyday anti-aging regime, specifically the Radiance Firming Complex and Uplifting Day Cream to improve skin hydration and reduce the appearance of (ugh) wrinkles.
5. The Lip Conditioner Calendula Balm is been my go-to for chapped winter lips. It’s formulated with soothing and softening avocado oil, shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil, and jojoba oil. The calendula and chamomile oils act as anti-inflammatories to help heal lips.
Do any of these products strike your fancy?
If so, head on over to my personal Beautycounter page to learn more or order here.
Want to learn more about hosting a social or becoming a Beautycounter consultant? You can always email me: email@example.com
Thanks for reading and have a happy and healthy 2016!