Watermelon season is in full swing and I’m all about it (see yesterday’s recipe for a watermelon salad.) I’m also having a very sober summer as I’m almost eight months pregnant so I’ve been making a lot of mock-tails like this Frozen Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade. It’s a delicious combination of sweet and tart, naturally sweetened and perfect for a hot July 4th day. This recipe is number twenty-eight in my countdown of thirty recipes to make for your Fourth of July cookout. All of my cookout ready recipes are tagged here.
What to buy (makes 6-7 glasses):
- 1 small to medium seedless watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1 cup raspberries (I used fresh, frozen would work)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
What to do:
- in a blender or food processor, purée watermelon, raspberries, ice and lemon juice in until smooth
- finish each glass with a sprig or two of mint and enjoy!