Grilled Corn with Basil Butter
Corn on the cob is the perfect side dish for a cookout and I’m always looking for new ways to jazz it up. This simple recipe was inspired by Bobby Flay’s here and is number eight in my Thirty for July Fourth project. You could substitute whatever herbs you prefer and cut the corn off the cob and sauté in butter on the stovetop if you aren’t firing up the grill. Happy Friday – hope you have great weekend plans ahead!
What to buy (serves 6-8):
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ears corn, shucked
What to do:
- combine the butter, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor or by hand, until basil is well incorporated
- heat grill to high and grill corn, turning often and basting with butter until grill marks appear and corn is tender, about ten minutes
- serve with remaining butter
Looking for another way to make fabulous grilled corn on the cob? Check out my recipe from April for Spicy Sesame Glazed Grilled Corn. We’ve made it again and again because it is so good and so easy.