I like a good knockoff recipe every now and then like Red Lobster’s cheddar biscuits or this version of the iconic Wendy’s Frosty. I was inspired by a few different pins on Pinterest and had to try it. The verdict: this is a great frozen treat that tastes almost exactly like the real thing!
For easier pouring into the ice cream maker, I mixed the ingredients in a pitcher and I made this in two batches because my ice cream maker is pretty small but that way you can make some for dessert one night, throw the rest in the refrigerator and make frosties again the next night. Top with sprinkles, brownie bites, chocolate chips or serve plain with a spoon and a straw.
What to buy (serves 5-6):
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/2 gallon chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
- whisk all ingredients until combined
- pour into your ice cream maker for 25-30 minutes or until frosty has reached your desired consistency