I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend! We spent ours at the lake with my parents and our now-water-obsessed Labradors. It was hard to get Red out of the lake and I can’t wait for the water temperature to rise enough for me to swim with her.
We didn’t really have a traditional Easter meal on Sunday, deciding to grill steaks instead. To go along with the steak, I planned to make Slow Roasted Corn with Blue Cheese Compound Butter but when the grocery store didn’t have corn on the cob, I came up with this alternative recipe using frozen corn. If you like the sharp and salty flavor of blue cheese you’ll be a fan of this simple dish.
What to buy (serves 3-4):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
What to do:
- combine olive oil, cheese, salt, pepper and scallions
- pour over frozen corn, tossing to combine
- bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until corn is hot and blue cheese is melted