Mouth-Watering Marinade/Sauce for Steak and Vegetables
We made it through the second night with our new baby and this time she only wailed/cried/screamed bloody murder in her crate from 8pm to a little after midnight when she finally fell asleep. She’s an adorable bouncing, sweet, bone-chewing doll again this morning so I suppose we will keep her. Please send any tips for crate training my way. I think we’ve tried everything but I’m open to new suggestions.
I keep staring at her in amazement that we actually have a dog after years of wanting one and months of planning with Joe.
For the next few weeks I’m going to have my hands full so I’m planning meals that are quick and easy to put together like these steaks marinated in the same sauce I simmered the Brussels and red peppers. You throw everything into your blender, pour the smooth marinade over the steaks and let them sit for a few hours or overnight. Cook your steaks and while they’re resting for ten minutes before you serve them to preserve their juiciness and flavor, use the flavorful marinade as a simmer sauce for your vegetables.
What to buy (makes enough for several steaks or 4-5 servings of veggies):
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2-3 flank steaks
What to do:
- combine all ingredients (except steaks!) in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds until well mixed
- pour marinade over steaks, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours
- grill or cook on the stovetop in a grill pan for 8-10 minutes until meat has recahed desired temperature