Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Snickers Pie
At the beginning of this month I resolved to cook thirty recipes inspired by the November issue of Food Network Magazine. I hoped to find some great recipes for my family’s Thanksgiving and to share some you might want to make for your family. I’m excited to share this recipe, number thirty, and the last recipe in my Thirty for Thanksgiving project!!
I wanted to finish with a knock your socks off dessert and this pie delivers! It’s salty and sweet with chocolate and peanut butter, a little bit like a cheesecake with a delicious hint of Snickers bar.
I made a few substitutions to the Food Network recipe including using crunchy peanut butter instead of the creamy, milk in place of heavy cream and chocolate wafers and snickers bars in the crust. I topped my pie with pumpkin whipped cream, chopped snickers and peanuts and decided to freeze the pie before serving. We loved the creamy, frozen consistency.
I also have to note that Pumpkin Whipped Cream is my new favorite holiday recipe. It’s perfect for topping your holiday desserts or add a couple spoonfuls to your morning coffee and you’ve got a delicious pumpkin latte without having to make a Starbucks run.
I’ll share a wrap-up with all thirty Thanksgiving recipes tomorrow – thanks, as always, for reading and sharing your comments! Happy cooking!
What to buy:
to make crust:
- 20-25 chocolate wafers, crushed til they’re fine crumbs
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup snickers bars (10 fun size bars), chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
to make filling:
- 2/3 cup cold milk (I used 2%)
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
What to do:
to make the crust:
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- pour the melted butter over cookie crumbs, stirring to combine
- press into a pie pan and bake until set, 5 to 7 minutes
- remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
- add chopped snickers to the crust
to make the filling:
- beat the peanut butter, milk and cream cheese until smooth
- add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth
- pour the filling into the crust
- chill for at least an hour before serving or freeze overnight, serve with pumpkin whipped cream, peanuts and chopped snickers or with chocolate shavings and cocoa powder on top