This month I’m cooking thirty Thanksgiving recipes inspired by the November issue of Food Network Magazine. This is the twelfth recipe in my endeavor and the original recipe can be found in the Vegetable Sides insert. At first glance, the combination of cauliflower, lemon zest and grapes sounded odd but I was intrigued. I adapted the FN recipe to include rosemary.
The verdict: two thumbs up for roasting cauliflower and juicy red grapes! I always liked cooking with cauliflower because it takes on the flavors of whatever you cook it with and the sweetness of the grapes combined with the savory and aromatic rosemary was delicious. It would definitely be an unexpected dish at Thanksgiving but I promise it will be eaten!
What to buy (serves 4-5)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups red grapes, halves
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
What to do:
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- spread cauliflower and grapes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper
- roast at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to flip cauliflower, until edges are caramelized and serve warm