This recipe is number eight of thirty Thanksgiving recipes I’m cooking from the November issue of Food Network Magazine. You can find Tyler Florence’s original here. I like how simple it is with only four ingredients and the simmering cranberries and orange zest make your home smell amazing.
This would be perfect with Thanksgiving turkey or served with a rotisserie chicken as I did last night. Or skip the meat entirely and try a few spoonfuls on top of your oatmeal or some vanilla ice-cream.
What to buy (serves 6-8):
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 orange, zest cut into strips and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar, less or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
- combine ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes
- remove from heat and discard orange zest
- serve warm, or cool and refrigerate to serve chilled or at room temperature