Joe and I spent Sunday afternoon watching the Bengals play at a new bar in Clarendon, The Bracket Room. The Bracket Room is billed as a “female friendly” sports lounge and eatery and I’m on board; the bathrooms are clean (with TVs in the mirror!), the food is good, and the owner, Chris Bukowski, was on one of my favorite TV shows, The Bachelor/ette. So far I have kept my cool and not tried to engage Chris in a conversation about said TV show but give it time and one too many beers. On Sunday we tried the tater tots with house made ketchup and buffalo chicken wings, the latter of which inspired this soup today that you can fix in your crockpot.
My crockpot recipes are some of the most popular ones on Sally Cooks and I’m glad you like crockpot cooking as much as I do. I was excited to make this soup because buffalo chicken is one of my favorite flavors and I’m excited to share it with you because it turned out to be so delicious. I recommend you cook the chicken, garlic, peppers and onions before adding them to the crockpot to make the soup more flavorful but if you only have ten minutes you could throw everything into your slow cooker and it will turn out just fine.
I think the bleu cheese and green onions took this over the top but you could garnish with sliced avocado, sharp cheddar or a swirl of ranch dressing if you like.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup hot wing sauce
- ½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced, for topping
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, for topping
What to do:
- saute garlic, onions and pepper in olive oil in a pan on the stovetop for 6-8 minutes or until onions are browned and translucent
- whisk cornstarch into milk until thickened
- add everything to your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- serve hot, topping with green onions and bleu cheese