Guacamole Chicken is one of my favorite dinner recipes on sally cooks and today I’m introducing a sister recipe: Guacamole Beef. As I wrote in the post for Guacamole Chicken, this is a great way to feel virtuous while eating guacamole for dinner. This recipe is fresh, summery, easy to throw together and packed with vegetables. I forgot to pick up some cilantro so just imagine there is a beautiful sprinkling of green on top. One day I’ll just be able to run outside to my garden…We enjoyed this on its own but you could use the beef as a tortilla filling or serve with chips for some crunch.
What to buy (serves 2):
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- dash of hot sauce to taste
What to do:
- combine all ingredients once you’ve browned the meat
- I like to serve this with warm beef so you can either cook your meat and serve while it is still hot or heat the beef before combining with the rest of your ingredients and once everything is mixed together you are ready to serve!