Boiling shrimp is super easy and you can use the shrimp in a myriad of ways – in pasta, as an appetizer, on top of a salad, stirred into soups and on and on.
Here is how to boil up your delicious crustaceans:
- I typically buy frozen shrimp that is already peeled and deveined, with or without tails because it spares you the trouble of deveining
- allow your shrimp to thaw before cooking
- boil a large pot of water and add salt, 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 2 tablespoons black pepper, 2 tablespoons salt, 2 tablespoons chili powder and a couple of bay leaves to your boiling water
- add shrimp and let boil uncovered
- cooking times vary depending on the size and variety of shrimp but it should take about 3 to 5 minutes—they will turn pink when they’re done
- remove shrimp from the boil and serve hot or chilled