Prosciutto Wrapped Pesto Chicken
I’ve been in my favorite state, NC, all weekend to see my family and work on some wedding details. So far everything has been going great and we are excited that the big day is feeling very real. I’ve taken the weekend off from cooking but this is a dish I made last week that would be good for a Sunday night supper.
Y’all this is so easy and delicious, people will think you were hard at work for hours in the kitchen. Only you know that it was only 7 ingredients and about 30 min of kitchen time. I won’t tell…
I served with a big spinach salad but I think it would be great with some oven-baked fries.
What to buy (serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons pesto
- 4 slices slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
Prosciutto Wrapped Pesto Chicken: (serves 2)
What to do:
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and marinate for a few hours or overnight in pesto
- lay a chicken breast out flat and roll the chicken breast in a slice of prosciutto, it should wrap tightly without toothpicks but if you need em, poke away!
- add 2 tablespoons of butter to a skillet and heat over medium
- cook chicken until it is no longer pink inside and the prosciutto is crisp, about 10 minutes a side, add mozzarella to the one side when you have about 5 minutes of cooking time left so it can melt before you serve