Minty Mango Ginger Kale Smoothie
I’ve found that a smoothie or some green juice is the best way for me to get a good start on the 9 servings of fruits and vegetables we’re supposed to have everyday. It makes me feel virtuous, gives me a shot of energy and it is just plain refreshing to have a frozen breakfast when the weather is warming up outside.
Previously Fitzy shared her delicious green drink recipe and y’all loved it so much I want to share another green beverage that I’ve been enjoying. The flavors of ginger and mint are great together and ginger is a stomach soother and contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds.
What to buy (serves 1):
- 1/2 fresh orange, skin removed, or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1-2 cups raw kale, depending on how much you enjoy the taste
- 1 cup ice
- straws, an essential for me
What to do:
- place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth – you can always add more liquid if things aren’t blending
- pour in to 1 or 2 glasses and enjoy!