Think Bananas Foster is something you can only get in a fancy restaurant, served table-side? Think again.
Bananas Foster is simply bananas cooked for a few minutes in a buttery rum sauce, making this a great impromptu dessert you can throw together and feel fancy. Add walnuts or pecans if you like.
What to buy (serves 3-4):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- vanilla ice cream
What to do:
- in a skillet over medium heat, melt butter
- stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon
- when it begins to bubble, place bananas in pan
- cook until bananas are hot, 1-2 minutes or longer depending on how “charred” you like them
- serve over vanilla ice cream