We ate a lot of cornbread growing up and it is one of those foods that I never make the same way twice. I love to add in jalapenos, corn, cheese, butter, sugar, blueberries – you name it. Sometimes it turns into more of a corn cake. This one leans toward the savory side. We enjoyed it with the Mahi and some Chardonnay!
What to buy:
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen corn (or fresh)
- 1/3 cup jalapenos (i used ones from a jar)
- honey and butter for serving
- could add a 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and i don’t think anyone would complain….
What to do:
- preheat oven to 400
- blend ingredients and pour into a small-medium size casserole dish (or use muffin tins)
- bake for 15-20 min or until the center is set
- serve with honey and butter!