On Sunday night we took dinner to some friends who just had their second baby. It was an excuse to get to hold a sweet, sleeping baby (and then hand her back) and I loved it!
I decided to make them a salad, a stuffed chicken recipe that was inspired by BevCook’s Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Basil and Cheese and my mom’s simple chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.
Prosciutto is one of my latest obsessions. It makes everything better and you’ll be amazed by how it hold the chicken together in this recipe.
I also made us a version of the recipe for dinner and will post a picture. I accidently bought chicken cutlets instead of breasts so I skipped the stuffing and cooked everything together on the stovetop. If you mess up the stuffing this is just as delicious an option!
What to buy (serves 3):
- 3 chicken breasts
- 9 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup goat cheese – i found one that had herbs and spices rolled in which added a nice kick (or really whatever cheese you prefer)
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- slice the chicken breasts in half but don’t cut all the way through
- season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- stuff the chicken with cheese and whatever vegetables you are using
- wrap the chicken with 3 prosciutto slices per breast
- heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium and add the chicken breasts to the pan, searing on each side about 5 minutes
- you can finish the chicken in the pan if you’d like or you can then add to the oven at 350 and cook for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through