I don’t know how many times I’ve made this cake in my life but if it isn’t in the hundreds it is close. The best thing about this recipe is that it is no fail and no fuss. The official name is the Jayne Litzenburg Famous and Easy Chocolate Cake. Jayne is one of my mom’s best friends and the creator of the cake. She gave my mom the recipe when Jayne moved away from Winston and my mom passed it along to me in a recipe book she gave me when I went away to college.
What to buy:
- one box chocolate cake mix
- one box chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup warm coffee
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
What to do:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- mix together cake mix, pudding mix, oil, coffee and sour cream
- add eggs, beating well
- add chocolate chips and pour into a greased bundt pan
- bake at 350 for one hour, cool for an hour on a rack then invert the cake onto a plate
- garnish with powdered sugar/berries/whipped cream/ice cream and serve to good friends!!